Camping thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Camping thread.

Post by Zero Point on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm going bush in a couple of weeks (praise the Lord), and I thought I'd make a thread/blog about camping, which is one of my favourite pastimes.

My next trip will be a car camp, so it's in the 4WD with all the creature comforts I can pack to keep my family happy on the trip.
I might bump this along with some of my solo hike trips which I get away on now and then though, and I'm actually considering doing some youtubes of those as well.

I'm not good at many things, but camping is one of them. I ain't one of these "minimal gear" types, I tend to take as much as I can carry, though I have made minimalist forays to test myself, so don't expect to see bow drills, and fire reflectors lol. I camp for pleasure.

I'm scouting my camp site this weekend, and checking my (long neglected) gear, so I might take a few pics, and try to take anyone interested for the ride.

We're going to a nice area, should be quite scenic, though it is a holiday period, and my usual rule of not seeing other humans the whole time might get broken.
Zero Point
Admin

View user profile http://rockbottom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Camping thread.

Post by Your Mom on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:34 pm

I once took a girlfriend and her four daughters, along with my two daughters and son, for her first ever camping trip. That was memorable for more than one reason.

Now you have to understand that this lady looked like she'd stepped straight of the pages of some high class fashion magazine and the most important thing in life for her was her hair! You can imagine how impressed I was when I discovered that the "equipment" she had packed featured a hairy dryer and curling tongs! I could not help but ask where the fuck she expected to plug them in!

At that time, her daughters ranged in age from 6 to 11 and my three between 8 and 13. I took great delight in telling these green kids stories about the infamous drop bears around the camp fire. They shit themselves. I told them not worry as they could protect themselves by saying the words drop bear backwards. Every time we heard the sound of a kangaroo or other creature moving about in the bush, the kids would be frantically chanting "Raeb Pord"!

Are you going to enable attachments so I can add some pics of the last place I went camping in Brazil?
Your Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top