Rock Bottom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The High Cost of Living

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The High Cost of Living Empty The High Cost of Living

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:09 am

High isn't it?

Frigg Stuyvesant

Back to top Go down

The High Cost of Living Empty Re: The High Cost of Living

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:02 am

You should see the way things have been going in Rio. Since the world cup, public transport has increased by the equivalent of 48% PA, food has increased by a minimum of 30%, electricity by 40%, rent by 25%, but, worst of all, beer has increased by 40%!

The strange thing that I can't quite come to terms with is that the official inflation rate is only 7%!
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:37 am

I tink the shit is hitting the fan Moms..

What is with all the murders in Rio D lately?

Heathen Barbarism?

Frigg Stuyvesant

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Point Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:44 am

I think our official inflation rate is like 2-3%, or so.
Fucking laughable. They removed energy pricing from the calculation a some years back as I recall. Just when electricity prices doubled for no reason whatsoever.
Zero Point
Zero Point
Admin

https://rockbottom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Point Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:49 am

This is posted on ZH today:

Haven't watched it yet, but it sounds pretty good.
Zero Point
Zero Point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 am

Yeah I saw that. Money as Debt too. We knew this was coming

I foresee the financial doom that people lulled into apathy, laugh about. Soon. Something is cooking and it is huge.. Global.

A house of cards can only stand so long against the prevailing winds of change and chance.

The High Cost of Living War-be10

Frigg Stuyvesant

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:37 am

Frigg Stuyvesant wrote:I tink the shit is hitting the fan Moms..

What is with all the murders in Rio D lately?

Heathen Barbarism?

There has always been a high number of murders in Rio, most especially from the police.

I saw a horrifying statistic recently whereby the police had killed more than 12000 in the last 10 years.

Frigg, we are frogs in a pot of water upon the stove and we've been heating for a very, very long time.

Case in point, the UK Ministry of Justice was incorporated in 1600! Why?
Why is each and almost every single country, city and town incorporated?
Why is every single central bank, which issues the country's currency, a private corporation?
Why are there no Rothschild's or other bankers ever listed in the Forbes top 100?
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:39 am

Zero Point wrote:I think our official inflation rate is like 2-3%, or so.
Fucking laughable. They removed energy pricing from the calculation a some years back as I recall. Just when electricity prices doubled for no reason whatsoever.

No reason that you were given!
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:41 am

Frigg Stuyvesant wrote:Yeah I saw that. Money as Debt too. We knew this was coming

I foresee the financial doom that people lulled into apathy, laugh about. Soon. Something is cooking and it is huge.. Global.

A house of cards can only stand so long against the prevailing winds of change and chance.

The High Cost of Living War-be10

Funny you should say cooking considering my previous post without having seen this one.

Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly Golightly Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Your Mom wrote:Case in point, the UK Ministry of Justice was incorporated in 1600! Why?
Why is each and almost every single country, city and town incorporated?
Why is every single central bank, which issues the country's currency, a private corporation?
Why are there no Rothschild's or other bankers ever listed in the Forbes top 100?

No idea about the first question, but as to the rest...

Cities and towns are incorporated to afford them a degree of autonomy - partly so other cities can't just come in and dictate their zoning laws, etc. and to manage assets - finances, property, etc. Not aware of countries being incorporated. In Canada & GB, at least, most land is 'crown land', meaning owned by the Queen.

Central banks aren't private corporations - that's a myth spread by derpy gold sites. Not to say there isn't a fair amount of corruption and cronyism (such as Tim Geitner, who had ZERO financial industry experience before being appointed to the NY Fed) http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_14986.htm
Who owns the Federal Reserve?

The Federal Reserve System fulfills its public mission as an independent entity within government. It is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution.

As the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve derives its authority from the Congress of the United States. It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

However, the Federal Reserve is subject to oversight by the Congress, which often reviews the Federal Reserve's activities and can alter its responsibilities by statute. Therefore, the Federal Reserve can be more accurately described as "independent within the government" rather than "independent of government."

The 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by the Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized similarly to private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year. (nice return these days, eh? - ed)

Rothschilds individually might not be that wealthy. Also, afaik the Forbes list has to do with compiling publicly available information like stock holdings, land values, etc. and less with whatever may be stashed in offshore accounts or Van Goghs (or in the Rothschilds' case, extremely pricy vintage wine). I'm curious why they get so much attention from CT forums when the Oppenheimers, which are an even older banking family and are still in the business do not. Or for that matter, what about the German/Italian/French old money families and various "House of" lines? The Hohenzollerns in Germany for instance barely experienced a bump all through the 20th C whether it was the Weimars, the Nazis or life after the Berlin Wall went up. The 'English' royals - house of Saxe Coburg Gotha have rellies in every other 'Royal' family in Europe and they were a minor family until the early 1800s. Best not to just fixate on one, when there are many. Look at the overall machine, rather than the interchangeable parts.
Holly Golightly
Holly Golightly

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:52 pm

I love you, Holly, and your defence of the indefencible.

I offer one question in response (for the moment, until I fully digest your post, big nose):

If the central banks are not private corporations, what becomes of the gains earned from lending the "sovereign" nations their currency?

Ok, one more question: why are "sovereign" nations no longer allowed to issue debt free currency?
I understand about the implementation of the Bank of England and why it happened: William III (dutch cunt) was flat broke and agreed to hand over the issuance of the nation's currency - he didn't care, he was Dutch! - in return for loans from the Rothschilds. Basically, he sold out the nation for short term gains. And yes, you may say that the bank of England has reverted to National ownership and, again, I ask where does the profit from issuing currency go? And don't try and tell me that England lends the money to itself, pays interest on it and the entire national debt is owed to itself. I just don't buy that!

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!"
— Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Last edited by Your Mom on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:55 pm

One more thing. Rotschild's finances are not privy to public scrutiny! Why?
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Call me paranoid, but you know that I refer to you as big nose due to your stance on the whole banking system in general and Jewish (zionist) questions in general. With all due respect, I say you are a paid agent of same!
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Another question, Holly;

Why are The City of London, along with the Vatican and Washington DC afforded independent status; exempt from the laws of the countries in which the reside? You are surely aware that the Queen has no power in the City of London and must seek authorisation from the mayor of London before entering! Strange? No! Perfectly understandable: the military, the financial and the religious arm of those that control us!
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:18 pm

I may take this to my forum for discussion - maybe I can coax some outsiders to join in the discussion The High Cost of Living 113086911
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Your Mom wrote:I may take this to my forum for discussion - maybe I can coax some outsiders to join in the discussion The High Cost of Living 113086911

Having trouble logging on there. Have been trying.

Frigg Stuyvesant

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Frigg Stuyvesant wrote:
Your Mom wrote:I may take this to my forum for discussion - maybe I can coax some outsiders to join in the discussion The High Cost of Living 113086911

For this reason, it shall remain open to guests! Any issues, just let me know!

And you, my friend, are always welcome - just don't post cock pics there! I've had enough to last me a life time.
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Your Mom wrote:
Frigg Stuyvesant wrote:

For this reason, it shall remain open to guests! Any issues, just let me know!

And you, my friend, are always welcome - just don't post cock pics there! I've had enough to last me a life time.

Fuck, it's been a week since you tried to register. Sorry, as I've left registering up to the individual, I haven't been checking.
You're now activated! Smile
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Point Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Central banks are so privately owned.
They're owned by insider banks, with a few public appointees leavening the bread.
The fact those appointees are NEVER just political hacks, being thrown a bone, should speak volumes to anyone.
The insider banks.... well... they care not who makes the laws.
Zero Point
Zero Point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:46 am

Zero Point wrote:Central banks are so privately owned.
They're owned by insider banks, with a few public appointees leavening the bread.
The fact those appointees are NEVER just political hacks, being thrown a bone, should speak volumes to anyone.
The insider banks.... well... they care not who makes the laws.

I want Holly to come back; does she have weekends off?
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by HG nli Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:32 am

I'm making supper right now, so I can't get back yet, only read up more on sites like investopedia and less on ones that have BUY GOLD ads plastered all over. Most of the people writing about central banks, currency, etc. have little clue as to how it all actually works. And the focus is always on the FED, when really, they work in tandem with the Treasury Department.

Now, mind you, I never said there wasn't rampant cronyism and corruption. Of course, there is. But the people covering most of it haven't the first clue what they're writing about and that's a major problem. I'll see if I can find a decent primer, or get my dad (who is a retired economist) to send you one. In the meantime, read up on Treasury bonds and such. It's also the same sort of silliness that gets people's knickers in a knot about how much the US 'owes' China since they hold a lot of them.

As for this quote: Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws - just because something's been attributed to somebody on myriad websites doesn't mean they actually said it ((there's a phony Voltaire quote that gets passed around quite often). There's no source that I've been able to dig up, so who knows.

Now, while it's true bankers have a lot of power, so do real estate developers, the owners of natural resources and those who control shipping routes. So fixating on one family in one industry is like looking at the cornerstone of one building in a city.

HG nli

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 am

Holly, I really want you to prove me an idiot!
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by HG Nli Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:50 am

Here's a good overview:

paste this into your browser: nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/borrowing-and-federal-debt/

As for the profits of the Fed, those go to the Treasury. My biggest knock on 'Paultards' has long been that they completely ignore that side of the equation. Which is odd, considering the Goldman Sachs connection to two of the more recent heads - most notably Hank Paulson and Tim Geitner.

HG Nli

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:53 am

Are you sure the profits of the Fed go to the treasury? Do you have links? Goldman Sachs and the treasury is akin to little red riding and grandma!
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:55 am

BTW, it's good to see you are also working on the weekend! Hope you are well compensated, big nose!
Your Mom
Your Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum